|Deadline: February 3, 2014||Past Recipients||Application Guidelines|
The American College of Surgeons and the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract are offering an annual scholarship to subsidize attendance and participation in the Executive Leadership Program in Health Policy and Management at Brandeis University in Waltham, Massachusetts. The award is in the amount of $8,000, to be used toward the cost of tuition, travel, housing, and subsistence during the period of the course. The 2014 course will take place June 8-14, 2014.
General policies covering the granting of the scholarship are:
- The award is open to surgeons who are members in good standing of both the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract (SSAT). Applicants must be at least 30 years old, but under 60, on the date that the completed application is filed.
- The award is to be used to support the recipient during the period of the scholarship. Indirect costs are not paid to the recipient or to the recipientís institution.
- Applications for this scholarship consist of the following items, submitted as a single PDF file:
- One copy of the applicantís current curriculum vitae
- One copy of a one-page essay, discussing why the applicant wishes to receive the scholarship
- Application for this award may be submitted even if comparable application to other organizations has been made. If the recipient accepts a similar scholarship from another agency or organization, the scholarship will be withdrawn. It is the responsibility of the recipient to notify the Scholarships Section of ACS, which administers this award, of competing awards.
- The scholarship must be used in the year for which it is designated. It cannot be postponed.
- A brief report of the Scholarís experiences and activities is due at the conclusion of the course and of the scholarship period. A simple accounting is also required. A detailed report of how the scholar has applied the knowledge gained at the course is due one year after completion of the course.
Questions may be directed to the ACS Scholarships Administrator at (312) 202-5281 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit http://heller.brandeis.edu/academic/execed/index.html. Requirements for the ACS/SSAT scholarship are available for download here.
Please e-mail PDF applications for this scholarship to: email@example.com
American College of Surgeons
633 N. Saint Clair St.
Chicago, IL 60611-3211