The Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract is committed to advancing the science and practice of surgery in the treatment of digestive disease.
The SSAT strives to:
- stimulate, foster, and provide surgical leadership in the art and science of patient care;
- teach and research the diseases and functions of the alimentary tract;
- provide a forum for the presentation of such knowledge; and
- encourage training opportunities, funding, and scientific publications supporting the foregoing activities.
The SSAT will provide leadership in setting the standards for gastrointestinal surgery and interdisciplinary management of digestive disease, in North America and around the world.
The SSAT stands for:
- Discovery and Innovation
- Quality Clinical Care
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration
More about SSAT