The Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery (JOGS) is a scholarly, peer-reviewed journal that updates the surgeon on the latest developments in gastrointestinal surgery. The journal includes original articles on surgery of the digestive tract; gastrointestinal images; "How I Do It" articles, subject reviews, book reports, editorial columns, the SSAT Presidential Address, articles by guest orators and lecturers, symposia, letters, results of conferences and more. JOGS is the official publication of the SSAT, functioning as an outstanding forum for continuing education in surgery and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Review the latest print issue's Table of Contents. Please note that JOGS articles are initially published Online First in electronic form weeks before distribution of the print journal—even before the print issue and page numbers have been assigned; this is not a preprint service, but rather the publications in their final form.
SSAT members in good standing are just two steps away from accessing their JOGS subscriptions and reading both Online First articles and those in print publication:
1. Log into the Members Only Area, thenNon-Members should visit the Journal's website.
2. Click on the JOGS cover.
Download the new JOGS app for iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) and Android (phones and tablets) for free! Click here for more information on the JGS App.
- View the most recent articles right when they are posted (including Online First™ articles)
- Use the advanced search and refine your searches by entering keywords and author/editor names, and choosing from a list of subjects and copyright years
- Create personalized saved searches and be notified when new articles publish in your areas of interest
- Share articles with your colleagues, collaborators, and students!
JOGS offers its authors a web-based manuscript submission and review tracking system called Editorial Manager, which allows for quick and efficient processing of manuscripts. Read the Instructions to Authors, then log directly into Editorial Manager, where you may upload your manuscript files following the instructions provided onscreen.
• View the Editorial Board.
• Visit the publisher's website.
JOGS Best Article Award
In 2007, Springer, the publisher of the Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, began providing annual award monies for the best article(s) published in JOGS during each print Volume year. Selection of these best articles is made by the Journal Editors, the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract Executive Committee, and the SSAT Communications Committee.Past Recipients